Seattle Oaxaca Connection is generating financial support for indigenous and rural communities of Oaxaca, Mexico. Grants for tools and equipment enable women like Eufemia Lopez to create a more sustainable life for her family. With the purchase of sewing machines, Eufemia and the women in her community can now sew clothing and produce a marketable product adorned with their traditional hand-crafted embroidery. Your tax-deductible gift to Seattle Oaxaca Connection will help make a difference in the lives of these communities.
- $ 850 will purchase a sewing machine for dressmaking for one of 5 villages
- $1,000 will purchase an oven for one of 5 villages
- $1,400 will purchase a heavy-duty industrial sewing machine for one of 5 villages
- $3,000 will purchase a communal exhibit booth to be used by 17 villages to sell their crafts at municipal festivals.
A contribution at any level is appreciated. For more information please contact us at (206) 784-7672.
Check back Aug. 30 for online donation options.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Seattle Oaxaca Connection is operated solely by volunteers who are committed to making a difference. We are always looking for help for a variety of jobs:
- Fundraising efforts
- Web design and maintenance
- Host a house party
For more information please contact us at (206) 784-7672.